I’ve recently landed a number of larger/corporate clients where it was clear that they’d previously been “sold” on the advantages of going with a big broker. Then, after the contract has been signed and the honeymoon period has worn-off they have been frustrated and sometimes disappointed.
I find it interesting that large-scale users of energy or businesses with multi-site premises initially feel that they need to find a bigger broker.
What I’d like to highlight is that using a large broker can often be detrimental (financially) to a business rather than beneficial for the following reasons:
Economy – a large-scale brokerage could have:
400 staff salaries
400 pension contributions,
Their own electric, gas and water for their trade premises to house their staff
spend large sums of money on digital advertising
financially incentivise staff to close deals
operate call centres where you never get the same person twice
These are just some of their overheads BEFORE they even make profit – and most brokerage businesses recover this by adding a hidden margin onto their customer’s energy contracts. Which means that the customer or client is paying for this.
Focus Business Consultancy has almost no overhead by comparison so we can offer more of the margin on our discounted prices back to our grateful clients.
Also, the commercial utility industry is often seen as pushy and sales-driven. Again, by comparison, my background is in professional advice and NOT in sales. I have a 30 year background in working for and with accountancy practices giving quality advice to business owners.
I now provide transparent, consultative energy advice, comparisons and quotations and offer industry insight to help businesses make a more informed decision on when and from who they buy their energy.
Our clients have just one point of contact – me:
I don’t hide from my clients and I have no call centre. Additionally, and unlike most of my competitors, I can also look at LPG and Oil.
The last 15 months has been very challenging for businesses. Now – more than ever – businesses should be looking to see where savings can be made for no drop in quantity or quality. Thankfully energy is an easy place to start – there is no “cheap” energy as in poor quality or sub-standard but there IS cheaper energy to be had.
I would like to highlight the main advantages which Focus Business Consultancy offer:
– Instant access to the Managing Director, no call centre delays or frustrations.
– A more personal service tailored to the needs of the individual business.
– Practical, consultative advice – not sales-driven.
– Access to all of the UK’s major/quality energy providers.
– Less overhead than competitors which ensures more competitive pricing.
– Editorials, blogs, and energy information/content for publications.
– Delighted to present at conferences or on webinars.
– Reviews and audits to spot anomalies or incorrect billing.
– Discussions of all available options to help narrow-down the final choice.
– Availability of invoice validation for multi-site premises.
Please get in touch for a no obligation chat on your energy needs.